Embedded Linux Developer (m/f/d)
Since 1979, Softing, which today has more than 400 employees, has developed into an internationally successful, listed company with annual sales of over EUR 98,3 million. Our hardware and software solutions in the business areas Automotive, Industrial and IT Networks are now the global standard. We support automotive manufacturers, system and ECU suppliers with powerful tools, solutions and services. Core topics in the automotive sector are key technologies like diagnostics, measurement and testing. To develop the firmware team for the location Haar near Munich or Kirchentellinsfurt, we are looking for an experienced and technically skilled Embedded Linux Developer (m/f/d).
You develop embedded software for Vehicle Communication Interfaces (VCI) in a distributed team. The software is based on an embedded Linux operating system generated with Yocto. You design and develop features, make adjustments and extensions to the Yocto generation system. You test on unit level (automated) and document your code.
Your tasks as an Embedded Linux Developer (m/f/d) in detail:
- Create embedded software for VCIs in C, C++ and Python
- Extend and adapt the Yocto Generation (BitBake files, recipes and configuration).
- Apply adaptions to the Linux Device Tree
- Develop and extend shell scripts
- Support the team in questions about Linux and Yocto
- After successfully completing your studies in electrical engineering and information technology or computer science, you already have several years of professional experience with a focus on embedded Linux development.
- You have sound experience with the Yocto generation system (recipes, BitBake files and configuration).
- You have extensive experience with shell scripts and are comfortable working with Git.
- Solid programming experience in C, C++ and Python complete your professional profile.
- You have a good command of German and English for working with your colleagues at different locations.
- Open corporate culture with a very helpful and collegial team
- Short, uncomplicated communication channels and open doors at all levels
- Individual advancement through coaching
- Attractive, flexible working hours model / work-life balance
- Possibility of mobile working
- Daily fresh fruit and free drinks (water, tea, coffee), health day, platform for discounted employee offers and regular company and team events
- Good public transport connections as well as sufficient free parking facilities in the nearby vicinity
If you are fascinated by Automotive and would like to work as a Embedded Linux Developer (m/f/d) in an innovative company, we look forward to receiving your detailed application, including your salary requirements and earliest possible start date.